What is a Vision Board?
A vision board (also called treasure map, manifestation wheel, or creativity collage) is a poster board on which you paste images that you have selected. It also includes words or phrases that have meaning for you. These images and phrases represent what you want in your life or things you want to become.
- Poster board or foam board – any background color that you like
- Pictures, usually from magazines, but also photos from the internet, photo copies of pictures, images from istockphotos, and drawings
- Any paste, glue or rubber cement except Elmer’s glue as it makes the pictures ripple
Steps to Creating Your Vision Board:
- Browse through magazines or other sources and select pictures and words
that you resonate with for any reason
- Sort through the images, select what you want and eliminate whatever
doesn’t feel right
- Arrange the pictures – symmetrical or random or overlapping
- Paste final selections – photos and decorations optional
Types of Vision Boards:
Every vision board is unique to the person who creates it. However, vision boards can be generally grouped into two types:
- Specific focus- where you have detailed ideas for a home, business, or
- Open to spirit – allowing the creative process and the universe to guide you
Variations on a Vision Board:
- Vision Cards – a picture and affirmation
- Vision Folder – power words on the cover and additional writings inside
- Vision Journal – usually a spiral bound book for pictures and writings
- Vision Notebook – a binder of your drawings and prayers to the universe in plastic page protectors
Final notes: Write the date that you created your vision board on the front of the vision board. Display your vision board where you will see it frequently. Reflect on your vision board and take action on inspired ideas. Enjoy!!